Swimming, Watersports, Sailing, Canoeing, Windsurfing, Camping, Hiking, Birdwatching, Cross-Country Skiing…
The Sandbanks Provincial Park and East Lake are some of Southern Ontario’s most delightful recreational spots, a summer magnet for campers and day visitors. Sandbanks boasts three sandy beaches: Outlet Beach, Sandbanks Beach and Dunes Beach. They are among the largest and most beautiful beaches in Ontario, with golden sand and sparkling water. Windsurfing, sailing, canoeing and boating compete with sunbathing and swimming as favourite park activities. Two of the finest bay mouth sandbars and coastal sand dune systems in the province can be found here. Sandbanks is also home to an interesting mix of vegetation and wildlife.
At the Visitor Centre, you can view exihibits of the park’s history and the natural attractions. The park does offer guided hikes, presentations, campfires, children’s programmes, and other events during the summertime.
- The campgrounds have a total of 75 campsites. Group camping is available.
- Early reservations are recommended during high-season months: July and August.
- Each campsite has a picnic table and a fire-grill. Campsites with 15 amp electrical service available.
- Water taps for washing dishes can be found close to most campsites.
- Shower, laundry, and washrooms are easily accessible from the campsites.
- Our park store sells some camping supplies. Campers should bring drinking water
- Access to 800 ft of water front. Great for swimming and fishing off the docks.
- Perfect environment for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
- Our waterfront is not supervised.
- Both East and West Lakes have good populations of largemouth and smallmouth bass, pickerel, pike, perch and other panfish.
- The nearby Bay of Quinte is known as one of the best locations in North America for catching pickerel.
- The East end of Lake Ontario hosts a variety of other species, depending on the season.
- Chinook Salmon draw the most attention and truly offer the angler an opportunity to catch the “big one”.
- Fishing derby or tournament that takes place in August.
Canoeing, Kayaking, Boating, Wind Surfing & Sailing
- Ideal environment for power boating, small-craft sailing and canoeing.Boat Launch nearby.
- Windsurfing and Sailing is a highly popular sport at the park and the conditions at our park is considered just about perfect.
- Apple/Pumpkin/Corn Picking
- Ferry Ride
- Dirt-Ride Biking
- Drive an ATV